Europe / Spain / Mallorca
- Experience the Cap de Formentor ride to the lighthouse. A true cycling and photographic haven.
- Conquer Sa Calobra, the island’s most iconic climb and one of the main reasons cyclists come to Mallorca.
- Cycle coast to country and see why pro teams choose to train here.
- Enjoy spectacular winding roads that hug the coast towards the famous scenic villages of Valldemossa and Deià.
- Immerse yourself in cultural tours, old world charm villages, shopping, and a whole lot more.
Unwind in a great location on the shores of the Mediterranean.
You will experience why Mallorca is possibly the greatest destination in the world for road cyclists.
Eating and drinking will be amongst the many sensory highlights we will experience in Mallorca.
We understand the importance of down time, comfort and peace. Your home for the week will be located on the shores of the Mediterranean, where you can escape the stresses of everyday life.
Our daily rides through Mallorca will ensure you get to experience all of the beautiful landscapes the island has to offer.
JOIN US FOR THE HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME
Our team will welcome you at Palma de Mallorca airport at the designated pick up time (TBA) to help with your luggage, before transferring you to your hotel in Port de Pollenca on the shores of the Mediterranean.
A great opportunity to wind down and relax from your travelling. Alternatively, explore the Port of Pollenca, a relaxed and friendly port with lovely beaches, shops and restaurants.
Over an evening sundowner, you will get to meet your fellow adventurers and the Après Vélo team, who will provide a tour debriefing.
Your cycling adventure has well and truly begun.
Welcome Dinner shouted by Après Vélo.
We think the Cap de Formentor lighthouse ride might indeed be Mallorca's finest - especially now that there are restrictions on cars and buses that can use these roads.
The Mallorcans call the Cap de Formentor the meeting point of the four winds. Sitting on the most northerly tip of Mallorca, the winds that blow from the Spanish mainland, the European Alps, the Atlantic Ocean and North Africa meet here, and each seems to have left an impression on this tiny outpost. Our ride combines dreamy views, impressive engineering, and near perfect tarmac.
With alpine-esque hairpins overlooking a crystal blue Mediterranean Sea, beating against a shore of jagged limestone rock, it's no wonder that the road to Formentor has become an icon of European cycling. Island etiquette coupled with Après Vélo’s strict caffeine rules, dictates we must stop at the lighthouse for a coffee to admire the spectacular views of the gigantic volcanic rocks overhanging the crystal clear ocean. This truly is a cycling and photographic haven.
While Formentor may be today's destination, it's only one piece in Mallorca's astounding repertoire of rides.
Elevation gain: 1065m
Please note that we may need to alter this route, should current lighthouse construction works still be underway, thereby resulting in closed roads leading towards Cap de Formentor.
Today's ride heads into rural Mallorca with quite narrow sweeping country roads. We head east before turning inland to the beautiful town of Petra. Discover the monastery and Bonany climb with spectacular views of the island. We stop for lunch in the town square. Thereafter, we will weave through the lanes to Sineu, which is typical of the quaint rural communities that can be found on the Island. Everyone knows that Mallorca offers a slice of cycling paradise, but did you know that today's paradise includes the opportunity to cycle a few laps of the Mallorca outdoor velodrome?
Elevation gain: 800m
Today we ride to Binissalem vineyard via the Puig Magdalena, a beautiful monasteries climb outside of Ince. We follow the quiet lanes to the winery for lunch. Shuttle service back. There is also the option for those wishing to ride back.
Vineyard Lunch shouted by Après Vélo.
Elevation gain: 300m
Today's ride is sure to remain etched in your memory for a long time. We will depart slightly earlier for the best experience riding through the scenic Campanet Valley. We arrive at the foot of the Sa Calobra climb, which is one of the main reasons cyclists come to Mallorca. With about 7% average gradient and 9.4km of climbing, its emblematic 26 hairpin bends, breathtaking views and spine-tingling descent, Sa Calobra has captured the hearts and memories of many cyclists. Once you have conquered the beast, enjoy the super smooth descent of the Col de Femenia taking you all the way back to Puerto de Pollenca.
Elevation gain: 2200m
Optional coffee ride or day off. We will do a cruisy spin across to the town of Burger where we will stop for coffee in Campanet Square.
Today is a good opportunity to do some sightseeing or just laze on one of the many incredible beaches. Based upon what you feel like doing, we will guide you in the right direction.
An early shuttle to Port Andratx for a coffee to get a taste of this beautiful town. Enjoy the spectacular winding roads that hugs one of the most incredible coastlines in the world. We pass through Estellencs and Banyalbufar, as we head towards the monastery town of Valldemossa, one of the island's most eye-catching sights, where we will be stop for a light lunch and coffee. After a short meander around this beautiful town, we will roll towards Port Soller, a quaint picturesque coastal village in north west Mallorca where our ride officially concludes. Bring your swimmers, as you won’t be able to resist the crystal clear ocean. After our dip, we will hop onto the Ferry and enjoy a cold beverage of choice whilst we sail back to Port de Pollenca, whilst taking in the beautiful scenery. What a grand way to finish an awe inspiring week.
Farewell Dinner shouted by Après Vélo..
Elevation gain: 1500m
4th September - ADIOS TO MALLORCA
Unfortunately your journey through Mallorca has come to an end. Transfer to Palma de Mallorca airport at a designated time (TBA).
The Après Vélo itinerary may be subject to slight route changes, and other modifications subject to circumstances.
START LOCATION & DETAILS
📍 Pick Up Location: Palma de Mallorca airport
🕐 Pick Up Time: 28th August 2023. Exact time TBC.
FINISH LOCATION & DETAILS
📍 Drop Off Location: Palma de Mallorca airport
🕐 Drop Off Time: 4th September 2023. Exact time TBC.
PRICES & DATES
We are offering two levels of accommodation to suit peoples needs. Refer below under ACCOMMODATION for more details.
Its incredible location and tasteful style is an excellent option for cyclists that don’t like traditional, vast all-inclusive style cycling hotels.
- Elegant and sophisticated 4-star hotel with a dramatic Tramuntana mountain backdrop.
- Pretty location on the Pine Walk (the footpath around the bay).
- Bike garage with bike racks for up to 15 bikes and a work- station with tools and lockers.
- Eating outside on the hotel’s terrace overlooking the bay is a treat you won’t forget.
- Other facilities include a spa, sauna, Turkish bath, ice fountain, heated pool, smallish gym and speed tennis court.
- The perfect accommodation for non-cycling partners.
2. Hotel Hoposa Uyal - Port de Pollenca
Hotel Hoposa Uyal is a 4 star hotel located on the seafront of Puerto Pollensa.
- Inhabiting a beautiful Mallorcan-style building, Hoposa Uyal is a Mediterranean hotel with a very special atmosphere.
- Spa with indoor pool, sauna, Turkish bath, jacuzzi and massage menu. Services for cyclists and a full gym are also available.
- Less than 10 metres stand between the front garden and one of the most charming beaches on the island.
- A fresh water swimming pool, a garden with Balinese beds, a snack bar with sea views, a spa and a welcoming restaurant complete the beautiful setting of Hoposa Uyal.
- Daily breakfasts in your respective hotels.
- Welcome drinks.
- Welcome Dinner (alcohol excluded).
- Vineyard Lunch (alcohol included).
- Farewell Dinner (alcohol excluded).
- Transfers to and from airport at designated pick-up time on the 29th August and 5th September.
- Transfers from Vineyard Lunch back to the hotel.
- Ride support with professional ride guides who have lived in Mallorca for many years. They will ensure that safety focus is paramount and that all your rides are truly local, taking in many of the roads less travelled. We recognise that no rider is the same and we ensure that no-one is left behind whilst Living the Ride with us in Mallorca.
- Top end bike hire if required (Extra cost. Talk to us when booking).
- Après Vélo Tour Jersey and souvenir t-shirt.
- Travel insurance.
- Meals outside of those listed under INCLUSIONS.
- Alcohol except at Welcome Drinks and Vineyard Lunch.
- Bike hire (if required).
- Café stops.
- In-room hotel charges.
- Activities off the bike.
We understand and recognise that for many, an overseas trip is part of a shared dream. It is for this very reason that APRÈS VÉLO ENCOURAGES AND WELCOMES NON RIDING PARTNERS TO ATTEND OUR CYCLING TOUR OF MALLORCA.
There are an abundance of activities that non riding partners can partake in throughout the week, over and above chilling at the hotel pool and beach.
Here is just a short list to wet your appetite:
- Carefully curated tours, designed to showcase the best that Mallorca has to offer.
- Wine tasting.
- Sites and museums.
- Cooking classes.
- Old-world charm villages.
Non Riding partners will receive a 20% discount off the quoted prices.
WHY APRÈS VÉLO?
We will do whatever we can to provide you with an unforgettable cycling experience where you truly Live the Ride, feel the energy and embrace the paradise of Mallorca.
Après Vélo founder and owner, Leonard Greis is a cycling fanatic with an appetite for travel and discovery both on and off the bike.
Leonard and his team have set about creating a unique cycling tour, where all participants will experience epic rides, beautiful landscapes, culinary delights and relaxation.
The tour has been designed for those seeking to experience a holiday like no other. It's for this very reason that we have left no stones unturned in attempting to provide the very best that Mallorca has to offer in the space of 7 days.
RIDING MALLORCA - SEE WHAT IT'S LIKE
ROSE Bikes visited the island of Mallorca – and asked some interesting personalities about their favourite tracks and inside tips. We have shared with you their magical short film called CYCLESTORIES which captures the beauty of Mallorca, characterises the island’s authentic “faces” whilst wetting your appetite for cycling. We hope you enjoy and feel inspired to Live the Ride.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
See our FAQs page for answers to common questions or contact us via email.
NEED MORE INFO?
See our links below for more information about this tour.