Australia / Tasmania / Hobart
WHAT IS THE GRUPETTO TOUR DE TASSIE?
We understand that not everyone wants to spend big days in and out of the saddle across numerous and challenging climbs. With our Grupetto Tour de Tassie, all is good in the world again! We are surrounded by like-minded souls who are Living the Ride. Grupetto life on tour is wonderful.
REASONS TO JOIN US
- All rides depart from the Hobart waterfront, thereby catering for a hassle free cycling holiday and "civilised" roll out times.
- Fully supported rides with guides, mechanics, tools and support vehicle.
- Daily bag drop for all rides, enabling easy access to your bag during each ride.
- Experience cycling across some gravel sections which can be ridden on standard road bikes. (We recommend no less than 28mm tyres)
- Receive a gallery of lifelong memories from images taken by Beardy McBeard on tour (refer gallery of images from our March 2021 tour)
- Whilst rides are planned for each day, you will always have the option for a day(s) off to explore the treasures of Hobart.
- Immerse yourself in cultural tours (including the world famous Mona Gallery), wine & whisky tasting, shopping and a whole lot more.
- Support local businesses.
- Live the ride with your mates and/or meet new riders.
- 3 Levels of accommodation very close to each other, to suit different budgets - MACq 01 OR The Grand Chancellor OR The Macquarie Manor.
- See FAQ's for full details.
THE APRÈS VÉLO TOUR DE TASMANIA IS NOT JUST ABOUT THE BIKE. IT'S ABOUT THE APRÈS VÉLO LIFESTYLE AND CREATING FOND MEMORIES THAT WILL LAST FOREVER.
You will experience why Tasmania is amongst the greatest destinations in Australia.
Eating and drinking will be amongst the many sensory highlights we will experience in Tassie, including wine tasting and lunch at a renowned vineyard.
We understand the importance of down time, comfort and peace. All rides depart from the Hobart waterfront, so you will spend 5 nights on tour in the same bed.
Our daily rides through Hobart will ensure you get to experience all of the beautiful landscapes this Australian cycling mecca has to offer.
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR DE TASMANIA
1:00pm roll out.
27km (553m) cruisy ride in the afternoon to get the legs moving and ensure your bike set up is good to go.
Welcome drinks & dinner provided by Après Vélo.
The spectacular Bruny Island ride covering 79km with 830m of climbing. We transfer guests across to the Ferry which departs from Kettering Marina. Think panoramic views, penguins, beaches, bakeries, towering sea side cliffs. A stop at the Bruny Island Cheese Co is a must with some of Tassies finest cheeses made on the island. After a hearty pub lunch at Adventure Bay, we retrace our treads back to the Ferry.
53km ride over the foothills of Mt Wellington (1395m), with 16km gravel. We will cycle through the historic pipeline track meandering beneath the canopy of ancient trees and ferns, before heading off to climb the iconic Mt Wellington. There is the option to do half the climb, stopping off at the Lost Freight Café, for a steamy cuppa.
Dinner shouted by Après Vélo (Venue TBA).
Ride out past the historic shot tower over bonnet hill and down the superb flowing descent to Kingston Beach. The route follows the coast past Blackmans Bay before leaving the beachside suburbs at which point the road turns to manicured gravel. With views out across the water to Bruny island this section around Tinderbox is full of surprises with vineyards tucked in against the hillside and cows munching on grass in the most scenic farmland around! After covering 57km with 985m of climbing, we should return to the hotel by lunch time. The afternoon is free to spend as you choose. The perfect opportunity to visit Mona Gallery.
73km ride with 1153m elevation and 14km gravel. We head out North of Hobart with panoramic views across the Derwent valley and the western wilderness.
Caffeine stop in the quaint town of New Norfolk. The last 8km of this ride pays homage to Strada Bianchi with sweeping gravel roads through Tuscan like meadows and wine farms which hug the Derwent River. Truly memorable!
Our ride will finish at one of Hobarts finest vineyards for wine tasting, with a wander through the vineyard with the owner who will chat to us about viticulture and the wine business. Thereafter a long farewell lunch at the vineyard, shouted by Après Vélo.
Dinner on your own.
Adios to Tasmania. Unfortunately your riding adventure through Tasmania's finest has come to an end.
Hotel check out and transfer to Hobart Airport at a pre-designated time, UNLESS you choose to spend the weekend in Hobart ...what a great opportunity.
The Après Vélo itinerary may be subject to slight route changes, and other modifications subject to circumstances.
PRICES & DATES
We are offering three levels of accommodation to suit peoples needs. Refer below under ACCOMMODATION for more details.
Please note that we have limited accommodation space at each hotel. BOOK NOW whilst you can.
Nestled in the heart of the historic Hobart waterfront, MACq 01 is a luxurious hotel that combines premium accommodations with unforgettable storytelling.
18 Hunter Street
Hobart TAS 7000
2. Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart
Luxury hotel accomodation and situated right on Hobart’s picturesque waterfront. Complimentary gym, heated swimming pool and sauna. The perfect mix of style, comfort and convenience.
1 Davey Street
Hobart TAS 7000
3. The Macquarie Manor Hotel
Located only 5 minutes’ walk from Hobart's waterfront, this beautifully restored hotel is situated in a heritage 1875 building.
A personalised and cosy stay with Chris (Lord of the Manor) as your ever-friendly host.
172 Macquarie Street,
Hobart TAS 7000
- Daily breakfasts in your respective hotels.
- 1 premium dinner.
- 1 x Mid Week Dinner (Venue TBA).
- Wine tasting followed by a long lunch at one of Hobarts finest vineyards.
- Ride support with safety focus paramount. Our resident ride guides will ensure that your rides are truly local and take in many of the roads less traveled. We recognise that no rider is the same and we ensure that no-one is left behind whilst Living the Ride with us in Tassie.
- Support van providing mechanical assistance if required.
- On road nutrition & hydration support, including billycan coffee stops off the beaten track.
- Transfers (with bike) from and to the airport at the designated pick up time on the Monday and Saturday.
- Transfers (with bike) from the farewell Winery lunch, back to our Hobart accommodation.
- Receive a gallery of lifelong memories with incredible images taken by Beardy McBeard on tour.
- Complimentary Après Vélo souvenir t-shirt.
- Travel insurance.
- Alcohol, except at the Friday Vineyard lunch.
- Meals outside of those listed under INCLUSIONS.
- Bike hire (if required). We can arrange for you.
- Refreshments at Café stops.
- In-room hotel charges.
APRÈS VÉLO ENCOURAGES AND WELCOMES NON RIDING PARTNERS TO ATTEND OUR TOUR DE TASMANIA.
Riders and non-riding partners share all breakfasts, dinners and our vineyard long lunch experience, making it an inclusive and shared experience for all.
COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE
With prior arrangement, non riding partners will also have the opportunity of experiencing the beauty and uniqueness of each area we visit on bike, but in the comfort of our support vehicle. Please pre-book your spot in the vehicle by contacting us at email@example.com, as spots are limited.
Non Riding partners will receive a 10% discount off the quoted prices.
POST RIDE ACTIVITIES
Hobart offers a contrasting blend of heritage, scenery and culture, with world class activities and attractions nearby. Nestled amongst the foothills of Kunanyi / Mt Wellington, Hobart combines heritage charm with a modern lifestyle in a setting of exceptional beauty. It's no wonder Lonely Planet has called Hobart one of the top ten spots to visit in the world right now.
With its captivating history, picturesque waterways, rugged mountains and gourmet experiences, the city has something for everyone. Things to see and do are plentiful. Here are but a few recommendations once the wheels stop spinning.
- Salamanca Place & Salamanca Market
- Port Arthur Day Trip
- MONA: Museum of Old and New Art
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery
- Bruny Island Day Trip
- Stroll along the Battery Point Sculpture Trail
- Cascade Brewery Tour
- Whisky Distillery Tour
- Wine Tasting
TASSIE GUEST REVIEWS
Click here to see what our previous guests had to say about our Tour de Tassie.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
See our FAQs page for answers to common questions or contact us via email.
NEED MORE INFO?
See our links below for more information about this tour.